.....The High Commander strode onto the bridge. His subordinates noticeably straightening in their chairs. As they should.
....."Did the WBG20's find them?" He asked.
....."They are engaged presently sir." Responded Senior Ensign Chao.
....."How many are there?"
....."I believe there is a solo remaining sir."
.....Rage flared in his mind. "We only sent one WBG20? What the fog ensign? It won't last 3 seconds against a true unbinder!"
....."Sorry sir, I meant to say a solo unbinder. There are 30 WBG20s engaged with him presently."
.....He relaxed. 30 should be plenty. But there were still a lot of questions and unknowns. Who was the solo? What was his Quattro? What was his primary and secondary? If it was Zola-Omicron, and he used the Zoji derivative like their scanners had picked up, then that meant......
....."Rally the WBG100 alpha squad to that location immediately"
.....The ensign hesitated. He knew what Chao was thinking. Overkill. Never one for frills, he cut to the chase.
....."What is it? Speak your mind man."
.....Chao cleared his throat, still uncertain. This was getting tiring.
....."Ensign, have you ever faced a true unbinder before?"
....."No I haven't sir."
....."Then don't question my orders, no matter what you think you know about WBG classes. We need this to be finished and finished quickly with no loose ends! Am I Understood?"
....."Yessir!" Chao immediately turned to the CommBoard, tapped a virtbutton on the layout screen, and started to relay the order.
.....He put his hand on Chao's shoulder. The ensign froze and stiffened. This pleased him.
....."Step aside, I'm going to give the order myself. I want morale as high as possible." He felt Chao relax ever so slightly.
.....The ensign swiveled, stood, and snapped swiftly to attention.
....."It's all yours sir."
.....He sat down at the controls and tapped the virtbutton himself. He liked the sound of his own voice echoing through the ship via the Comm system.
....."This is Mag'tar Eeus. The time of our great victory is close at hand. A solo unbinder has revealed himself. This is our chance to bring this frivolous silly little war one step closer to completion. That is why I am ordering a double time rally of the WBG100 alpha squad. Your mission is to certify with great prejudice the death of the unbinder. I will be with you in your hearts.”
.....With that he tapped the virtbutton off and stood.
.....“I will be in my ready room. Inform me when we have confirmation.”
.....“Yessir High Commander.” Chao replied with a salute.
.....He returned it and started towards his ready room. He could not help thinking to himself, "I hope its enough"
No comments:
Post a Comment